Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes storing and/or sharing specific content on a web server administered by a website hosting vendor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a gaze at them. Thus, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to own a blog, e-mails, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given companies, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incongruous interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a great quantity of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your emails. Some suppliers offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many videos as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload videos, etc. At WiseHost.ca, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular web content only.